When God Shifts You Into a New Season


I grew up in a Christian household, and from a young age I always saw the joy and fulfillment my grandmother carried in her role as a wife and mother. She spent her days caring for her children, cooking, praying alongside my grandfather, and creating a home filled with faith. Of course, she had part-time work on the side, but the heart of her life was her home. Watching her, I knew early on that there was honor, dignity, and purpose in family.

That image of legacy stayed with me. Deep down, I always knew I wanted to be a wife and have many children. That was the desire God placed in my heart. But my circumstances required a different path in the beginning. I didn’t come from a wealthy family, and opportunities were not simply handed to me. If I wanted to change my life, I had to pursue higher education and trust God to open doors of provision and opportunity.

Corporate America became my path, not because I set out to be a “career woman,” but because survival demanded it. Degrees, certifications, and roles became the steps I took to build stability. I worked hard, I achieved, and I advanced. For years, that was my reality, and I am grateful for the doors that opened. They taught me discipline, resilience, and endurance.

But here’s the truth: I never believed I had to choose between success and motherhood. What I did believe was that life unfolds in seasons. There was a season to pursue education. There was a season to labor in career spaces, to gain skills, and to be faithful in opportunities God placed before me. And now, there is a season where God has shifted me back toward the very desire He planted in me from the beginning, family.

As I look at my journey, I see God’s hand in every part. He used the career season to shape me, to strengthen me, and to equip me. But those achievements, while valuable, were never the ultimate measure of purpose. Titles and résumés have their place, but they cannot carry eternal weight. Legacy is built in the home, in the lives we raise, and in the faith we pass down.

This shift is not about losing ambition, it is about realigning ambition with God’s original design. Success in corporate America may create recognition, but success in family creates generational impact. The joy I saw in my grandmother’s life is the same joy I feel God calling me into now: building a home, nurturing children, and walking in purpose as a wife and mother.

To women who feel this same pull, I want to say this: do not fear motherhood. Do not fear stepping back from a career if God is calling you to step into family. The skills you gained in corporate spaces are not wasted, they were preparation for the greatest leadership assignment of all. Raising children, caring for a home, and building legacy is not lesser work. It is holy work.

I didn’t choose to be a career woman, but I trusted God in that season. And now, He has shifted me into a new one. What began as necessity has turned into testimony. What began as survival has been transformed into purpose.

“To everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven.” (Ecclesiastes 3:1)
“Take delight in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart.” (Psalm 37:4)

Follow me for more reflections on faith, leadership, and discovering God’s purpose in every season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Made in His Image, Not Made Without Limits

Stepping Into a New Season

True Friendship Is Hard to Find